SENIOR COLLECTON SPECIALIST
Equipment leasing company with assets nation-wide, looking for experienced Senior Collector. Successful candidate must be an aggressive self-starter with proven track record. Prior work history as manager or assistant manager of a consumer finance company is helpful.
Responsible for working with severely delinquent business lease and loan accounts to minimize loss exposure by applying advanced techniques to bring accounts current, or pursue full payoff, or recommend repossession and litigation as appropriate. Utilizes expertise in collections and sound business practices to ensure that prudent judgment is exercised at all times. Contributes to the Company’s success through effectively working with internal staff, vendors and third party service providers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the collection and resolution of delinquent accounts as assigned.
- Assesses, formulates, and pursues appropriate individual account collection strategies.
- Formulate and submit recommendation for accelerated collection action on accounts where collection or workout is not successful.
- Prepare account Charge-Off request forms.
- Provide assistance in preparing month end reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of consumer or commercial lease or loan collection experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to research and recognize problems.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Expertise in loss litigation solutions including repayment plans, modifications, forbearance, foreclosure, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of legal and bankruptcy processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment, presenting a professional image at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decisive decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated direct accountability, broad understanding and practical application of multi-state collection laws and practices.
- Ability to manage projects concurrently with daily business operations.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from management.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to: