Responsible for working with charged off business lease and loan accounts to maximize recovery by applying advanced techniques to pursue full payoff, settlements and litigation as appropriate. Utilizes expertise in collections and sound business practices to ensure that prudent judgment is exercised at all times. Contributes to the Company’s success through effectively working with internal staff, vendors and third party service providers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the collection and resolution of charged off accounts as assigned.
- Assesses, formulates, and pursues appropriate individual account collection strategies.
- Complete asset searches; skip traces, etc. to maximize recoveries.
- Coordinate domestication of judgments and enforce judgment collections.
- Formulate and submit recommendation for legal action on accounts where collection or settlement is not successful.
- Provide training to less experienced team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of consumer or commercial lease or loan collection experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Extreme sense of urgency.
- Ability to research and recognize problems.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Expertise in loss litigation solutions including repayment plans, modifications, forbearance, foreclosure, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of legal and bankruptcy processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment, presenting a professional image at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decisive decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated direct accountability, broad understanding and practical application of multi-state collection laws and practices.
- Ability to manage projects concurrently with daily business operations.
- Ability to analyze customer financial situations.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from management.
- Familiarity with skip tracing tools.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to: